Inquiry Session 5: Scripture in the SFO Life
Read Ch. 8 (pgs. 83-97) of the Franciscan Journey. Answer questions on pages 96-97.
Supplemental reading: “Living the Gospel Life.”
There is no reading from the FUN manual this month.
Finish reading biography of St. Francis that you have chosen.
Inquiry Session 4: History of the OFS
1. Franciscan Journey by Lester Bach OFM Chapter 7 OFS History Development of the OFS Rule.- answer questions on pages 56-57. You have already read this book. This is here for personal review only, as we are adding to your understanding of this.
2. Additional Reading – click on the link: Supplemental Readings Franciscan Journey Chapter 7 . These are not mandatory, but we find they are interesting and add to your knowledge. Fit them in whenever you are able.
3. Fun Manual: “The Nature of the Secular Franciscan Order.” You should have a FUN manual of your own now. The chapters may not align. Just look in your Table of Contents for this topic’s pages.
Inquiry Session 3 – Feb. 28, 2021
- FUN Manual chapter 10: (after tab 9 in spiral bound)
The Vocation, Charism and Mission of Secular Franciscans: PP1-24
- Review the Franciscan Journey by Lester Bach OFM cap- Chapter 5- revisit the questions
- The article Sailing the Seven ”C‘s ” of Franciscan Spirituality by Jack Clark Robinson, OFM can be found by Clicking on the link below and scroll down to Page 163
The Article begins on page 163
- FRANCISCAN JOURNEY Additional Readings – Chapter 5
- Poverty and Joy –- Wm. Short OFM – pp. 30-36
US Catholic Catechism for Adults - God is the Trinity – pp. 51-53
Catechism of the Catholic Church – #261 to #267
Inquiry Session 2 – Jan. 24, 2021
Answer questions on pages 14 and 18
Inquiry Session 1 – Nov. 22, 2020
- The Franciscan Journey by Lester Bach OFM cap
Chapter 4 Inquiry in the OFS. Answer all questions