Secular Franciscans are a community of Catholic men and women in the world who want to pattern our lives after Christ, in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi. We strive to bring the gospel to life through prayer, ongoing faith formation and service in the community. St. Padre Pio (1887-1968; beatified May 2, 1999) is our patron saint.
- Interested in learning more about the Secular Franciscan Order? A new inquiry session will begin in January 2020. To learn more, access the Information Packet.
- Already a Secular Franciscan and relocating to the Triangle and interested in joining our Fraternity? We welcome you to get in touch. Send an email message to vice minister Lee Cunningham at email@example.com . Include your name, email address and telephone number along with the information you are requesting
Our gatherings and celebrations are held on the Fourth Sunday of each month (except December) at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, 11401 Leesville Rd, Raleigh, NC 27613. View map & directions
Our regular monthly gathering sessions are held in Anthony Hall, to the left of the gathering space in St. Francis of Assisi Church. Check our calendar for our meeting times and room numbers.
Meet some of our Fraternity members > SFO Padre Pio Community Slide Show 2018
The November 2019 newsletter is now available.
Peace and all good things to you!
- Secular Franciscan Facebook Page
- National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order
- TAU-USA: (A publication of the Secular Franciscan Order)
- Franciscan Action Network
- More resources