Secular Franciscans are a community of Catholic men and women in the world who want to pattern our lives after Christ, in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi. We strive to bring the gospel to life through prayer, ongoing faith formation and service in the community. St. Padre Pio (1887-1968; beatified May 2, 1999) is our patron saint. Read more about the life and commitments of Secular Franciscans here.
- Already a Secular Franciscan and relocating to the Triangle and interested in joining our Fraternity? We welcome you to get in touch. Send an email message to vice minister Ellen Ferrone at firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, email address and telephone number along with the information you are requesting.
Our gatherings and celebrations are held at 1 p.m. on the Fourth Sunday of each month (except December) via Zoom because of the COVID 19 restrictions.
The June 2021 newsletter is now available.
- Secular Franciscan Facebook Page
- National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order
- TAU-USA: (A publication of the Secular Franciscan Order)
- Franciscan Action Network
- More resources