Secular Franciscans are a community of Catholic men and women in the world who want to pattern our lives after Christ, in the spirit of St. Francis of Assisi. We strive to bring the gospel to life through prayer, ongoing faith formation and service in the community. St. Padre Pio (1887-1968; beatified May 2, 1999) is our patron saint. Read more about the life and commitments of Secular Franciscans here.
- Already a Secular Franciscan, relocating to the Triangle, and interested in joining our Fraternity? We welcome you to get in touch. Send an email message to vice minister Ellen Ferrone at firstname.lastname@example.org . Include your name, email address, telephone number, and the information you request.
- Interested in learning more about being a Secular Franciscan? Read more about the Secular Franciscan Order here. To obtain more information, send an email message to vice minister Ellen Ferrone at email@example.com .
Our gatherings and celebrations are held at 2:30 p.m. on the fourth Sunday of each month. Exceptions are months with holidays on the fourth weekend, such as Thanksgiving and Memorial Day.
Our June 2022 newsletter is now available.
- Secular Franciscan Facebook Page
- National Fraternity of the Secular Franciscan Order
- TAU-USA: (A publication of the Secular Franciscan Order)
- Franciscan Action Network
- More resources