Twenty professed members of the Padre Pio Fraternity elected new council members at their January 28, 2018, gathering, held at St. Francis Catholic Church in Raleigh, N.C. Also attending were about 10 who are the inquiry stage.
Bob Pearson, OFS, member of the Franciscan Family of Greensboro, N.C., served as fraternal presider for the elections. “It is a gift for me, a privilege, to preside,” he said following the election.
Bob is minister of the Greensboro fraternity and also represents Area Three on the Regional Council, which includes Alabama, Georgia, North and South Carolina, and Tennessee. Officiating with him was Carolyn Peduzzi, OFS, member of the Father Solanus Casey fraternity in Morehead City.
Following are those who were elected to three-year terms for the Padre Pio fraternity:
- Minister: Joe Traverse, OFS
- Vice Minister: Victoria Romero, OFS
- Secretary: Michael Hancock, OFS
- Treasurer: Louis Coker, OFS
- Formation Director: Lynn Oeser, OFS
- Councilors: Lee Cunningham, OFS; Ellen Ferrone, OFS; and Suzie Nelson, OFS
Dave Shick and Gladys Whitehouse, two members of the inquiry group, assisted by counting ballots and recording votes.